So, I’ve been wanting to start Project Life since JUNE of 2012. I went to order kits on Amazon – and they were out of stock for, like, ever. When my Clementine kit finally got here, work got super busy and I haven’t had a chance to play at all. But I’ve been thinking about it. And stalking the web for inspiration. And, I signed up for the Day by Day class over at Studio Calico. And I got a Cameo for Hanukkah. And, and, and…
It’s a big shift for me – I’ve been a “traditional” scrapbooker for 15 years. I ran out of fizzle for it a few years back but still did it. Last year, I stalked Christy Tomlinson and had so much fun taking many of her online mixed media classes. I learned so much and grew as an artist…it was a year well spent. But it was spent making canvases and home decor; I didn’t get much scrapping in. And I realized I missed it. I love documenting the fun, crazy, special things we do as a family.
So, here’ my title page – I had SO MUCH FUN playing and creating this page. What I think I’m going to LOVE about it is:
1) I can document all of us, not just Emily — which is typically what I scrapped “traditionally”
2) I get to be as creative as I want in these tiny little spaces
3) While the commitment to document weekly is big (and a little nerve-racking), the commitment to actually scrapbook is less — I’ll get a whole week done on a spread, versus 1 event per page or per spread. So, I will be able to “keep up” with it
4) The flexibility – if I want to add in a whole page for 1 event – I can – I love all the different-sized page protectors
5) I will be able to blend my graphic design skills with it — now this is something I’ve resisted for a LONG time – I’ve been so adamantly opposed to digital scrapbooking because I spend all day at work in front of a computer “playing” in inDesign and Illustrator…the last thing I wanted to do in my play time was get back on the computer. But I HAVE TO TELL YOU — it was so FUN using the printables from the Studio Calico Day by Day kit – it got my head spinning with all the possibilities
Overall, I am super energized to work on this project. Here’s the layout for the title page. I used the Studio Calico Day By Day printables, stamp set, wood heart and cuts for the cameo, Close to My Heart stamps and inks, PL Clementine Kit, my Silhouette Cameo, Basic Grey patterned paper, stickers from My Minds Eye and the Tiny Stapler from Tim Holtz.
Stop back by and watch my progress. I plan to upload my pictures of the previous week to Costco and scrap on Sundays. I’ll be posting about a week behind at that rate, but that’s the plan…